What is it?
Caravan Parks are made up private moveable/portable units that people are able to rent out on a temporary or permanent basis.
Who can apply?
All caravan parks charge rent so a person will need to be on Centrelink Income or working wage. Rent is usually $185 - $250 per week.
Caravan Parks don’t often have strict eligibility criteria; first come, first serve, and preferred applicant will be successful. There is a high demand so some caravan parks have waiting lists.
How do I apply?
Applying for caravan park accommodation is a lot like applying for private rental. You will need to submit a Caravan Park application form (each caravan park have their own application form). You must include:
- Copy of photo ID is mandatory
- Centrelink income statement
- 100 points of ID
- Rent is relatively affordable for people on Centrelink income
- Some have high turnover and there is availability of housing on short notice
- Caravan park units are usually fully furnished
- The utilities are usually included in rent
- Caravan parks are generally more accessible to people that have limited rental references.
- Due to limited affordable housing stock and high demand, some Caravan Parks now have a waiting lists
- Some caravan parks have a reputation for being unsafe and having a high prevalence of drug related issues
- The units don’t usually have a lot of privacy because units are often side by side with limited fencing or separation between them.