Housing Contacts

Short Term

The following are some short-term housing options

Rooming Houses

Visit Consumer Affairs Victoria website to view the Public Register of Rooming Houses

Caravan Parks

Download the list of caravan parks. The source of this list is unknown. Some modifications to the original content have been made.

Crisis Housing

Out of hours crisis support can be sought from two organisations covering Victoria. Phone to enquire as to how they can assist.

Launch Housing
Address: Dandenong
Telephone: (03) 9792 0750
Services Greater Dandenong shire, Shire of Casey, Shire of Cardinia, Shire of Frankston and Mornington Peninsula areas.

Salvation Army Crisis Services
Address: St Kilda (aka St Kilda Crisis Centre)
Telephone: 1800 627 727
Services all Victoria except those areas covered by Launch Housing.

Safe Steps Family Violence Response
Telephone: 1800 015 188
A nation-wide service providing 24 hour, 7 day response.

Long Term

The following are medium to long-term housing options.

Office of Housing

The Office of Housing is able to provide information on all aspects of housing.

See http://www.housing.vic.gov.au

Address: 1st Floor 431 Nepean Highway, Frankston VIC 3199
Telephone: 1300 555 526/ (03) 9784 3200

Address: 165-169 Thomas Street, Dandenong, 3175, VIC
Telephone: 1300 286 625 / (03) 8765 5444

Community Housing

Port Phillip Housing Association

Address: Suite 6 22-28 Fitzroy St St Kilda 3182

Telephone: (03) 9534 5837

Long term housing for people on low to moderate incomes including 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom apartments and townhouses, as well as traditional rooming house accommodation in Port Phillip area.

Wintringham housing

Address: PO Box 193 Flemington 3031

Telephone: (03) 9376 1122

Has a wide range of housing properties throughout Melbourne and regional Victoria and targets elderly men and women who are either homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.

Active housing

Address: 14 High St Yarraville 3013

Telephone: (03) 9314 8555

Affordable and appropriate housing for people with a disability.

Housing choices

Address: Level 4, 333 Queen St Melbourne 3000

Telephone: 1300 312 447

Statewide Specialist Transitional Housing Service for people with disabilities. Provides long term housing options for people on a low income with a specialist capability meeting the needs of people with a disability.

Women’s housing Ltd.

Address: Suite 1 21 Cremorne St Richmond 3121

Telephone: (03) 9412 6868

Women’s Housing Limited is a specialist women’s housing service that provides transitional and long-term affordable housing to single women and women with children experiencing a housing crisis.

Aboriginal housing

Address: 125-127 Scotchmer St North Fitzroy 3068

Telephone: (03) 9403 2100

Statewide Specialist long term housing for Aboriginal people.

Housing Co-Operatives

The Community Housing Federation of Victoria

See http://www.chfv.org.au/cooperatives/

A list of members can be found on their Cooperatives page and includes a phone number or website to contact.

Housing Registrar

See http://www.housingregistrar.vic.gov.au/Home

The regulation body for housing agencies in Victoria. They can provide information on regulations and how to make a complaint.