Housing Information and Advocacy Services

SalvoCare Eastern

The Frankston and Rosebud Crisis Centres are entry points for individuals, families and young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. These Centres provide assessment, information, advocacy and referral to a range of accommodation and housing services. They can help navigate services and link with services such as family violence, drug and alcohol, health and mental health, legal, financial, employment, education and training.

Frankston: 37 Ross Smith Avenue, Frankston VIC 3199
Rosebud: 17 Ninth Avenue, Rosebud VIC 3939
Phone: 1800 825 955
Find more information: www.salvationarmy.org.au/SalvoCareEastern

Tenants Union of Victoria

Tenants Union is an information and advocacy service that provides existing and prospective tenants with information around tenancy issues. They have a number of useful factsheets on their website which is well worth a look! It is a free service and any person in Victoria can call and request advice.

Address: 55 Johnson St, Fitzroy VIC 3065
Phone: 03 9411 1444
Find more information: www.tuv.org.au

Peninsula Community Legal

Peninsula Community Legal provides Tenants Advocacy services in addition to legal advice about other matters. Tenants Advocates can provide information on tenancy issues. It is ideal to seek their advice if the matter is being taken to VCAT. They are unable to confirm information over the phone and an appointment should be made.

Address: Offices in Frankston, Bentleigh, Cranbourne, Frankston North and Rosebud
Frankston (03) 9783 3600;
Bentleigh (03) 9570-8455;
Cranbourne (03) 5995 3722;
Frankston North (03) 9783 3600;
Rosebud (03) 5981 2422

Find more information: www.pclc.org.au

St Kilda Legal Service

St Kilda Legal Service provides free legal advice to residents of Cities of Port Phillip, Stonnington and Bayside areas. Services include family violence, drug and alcohol abuse offences, sex workers rights and laws, fines and disputes about money

Address: St Kilda Community Centre, 161 Chapel Street, St Kilda 3182
Phone: (03) 9534 0777
Find more information: www.skls.org.au

Casey Cardinia Community Legal Service Inc

Casey Cardinia Community Legal Service provides free legal advice to residents of City of Casey, Dandenong and Shire of Cardinia. Services include Victims of Crime Application, budgets/managing money, fines and Intervention orders.

Address: 42 Claredale Rd, Dandenong 3175
Phone: (03) 9793 1993
Find more information: www.caseycardinialegal.org.au

Consumer Affairs Victoria

Consumer Affairs provides a number of services including advice and information on tenancy, landlord rights and responsibilities and law changes.

Address: 121 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: 1300 558 181
Find more information: www.consumer.vic.gov.au

Good Shepherd

Good Shepherd provides a range of community based services including financial counselling and family services and crisis family violence services. Services are run out of offices in Abbotsford, Bayside, Melton, Hastings, St Albans and Mornington.

Financial counselling 1300 765 595 (Bayside);
Family services and family violence services (03) 5971 9444 (Mornington Peninsula)

Find more information: www.goodshep.org.au